Service Terms & Conditions
The Standard Terms and Conditions for Sale and Service Agreement (“Agreement”, which terms includes in its meaning all other terms and conditions published and publicly available on Recherche Tech LLP’s website, www.myscoolserver.com , including but not limited to the Recherche Limited Product Warranty and Recherche product End-User License Agreements and Free Trial Agreement, unless repugnant to the context) contains the terms and conditions that apply to any My sCool server (MSS) order, purchase, receipt, delivery or use of any products from Recherche Tech LLP or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates (collectively, “Recherche”). By accepting delivery of the product(s) purchased from Recherche as described on your invoice, you agree to be bound by and accept the following terms and conditions. Any attempt to alter, supplement or amend this document or to enter an order for a product(s) that is subject to additional or altered terms and conditions will be null and void, unless otherwise agreed to in a written agreement signed by both you and Recherche. These terms and conditions are subject to change without prior written notice at any time, in Recherche’s sole discretion.
- In this Sale and Service Agreement, “you”, “your”, and “Customer” refer to each customer and “us”, “our”, “we”, and “Provider” refer to Recherche.
- Payment Terms, Orders, and Interest. Advertised prices are in INR and, unless otherwise noted, exclude shipping, handling and any taxes as applicable. Terms of payment are within Recherche’s sole discretion, and unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Recherche, payment must be received by Recherche before Recherche’s acceptance of an order. Invoice amounts are due and payable within the period noted on the invoice, measured from the date of the invoice. Recherche may invoice parts of an order separately. You agree to pay interest on all past-due sums at the highest rate allowed by law. Recherche is not responsible for pricing, typographical or other errors in any offer by Recherche and we reserve the unilateral right to cancel any orders resulting from such errors.
- Taxes. Unless otherwise indicated on the face of the invoice, you are responsible for paying all applicable taxes and charges associated with your order.
- Shipping and Risk of Loss. Shipping and handling charges will be additionally borne by you, unless expressly indicated at the time of sale. Loss or damage that occurs during shipping by a carrier selected by Recherche is Recherche’s responsibility. Loss or damage that occurs during shipping by a carrier selected by you is your responsibility. Shipping dates are only estimates. You must notify Recherche of damaged or missing items from your order within seven (7) calendar days after you receive your product.
- Return Policy. You may return MSS-branded products purchased directly from Recherche in accordance with Recherche’s Return Policy included herein, and available online at http://www.myscoolserver.com/recherche-limited-product-warranty. Please keep in mind that, among other things, you: (a) must contact us directly before you attempt to return the product; (b) must return the product to us in its original or equivalent packaging; and (c) are responsible for risk of loss and shipping and handling fees for returning or exchanging product. Additional fees may apply.
- Limited Product Warranty for Domestic Customers and Disclaimer of Warranties. THE LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO MSS-BRANDED PRODUCTS MAY BE VIEWED AT THE FOLLOWING URL https://www.myscoolserver.com/recherche-limited-product-warranty THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES FOR SOFTWARE, SERVICES OR NON-MSS BRANDED PRODUCTS, WHICH PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. WARRANTY AND SERVICE FOR NON-RECHERCHE OR NON-MSS BRANDED PRODUCTS, IF ANY, ARE PROVIDED BY THE ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER, AND NOT BY RECHERCHE. RECHERCHE MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, EXCEPT THOSE STATED IN THIS SECTION AND IN RECHERCHE’S APPLICABLE WARRANTY STATEMENT IN EFFECT ON THE DATE OF THE INVOICE. ANY SUCH WARRANTY WILL BE EFFECTIVE DURING THE RELEVANT PERIOD, AND RECHERCHE WILL BE OBLIGATED TO HONOR ANY SUCH WARRANTY ONLY UPON RECHERCHE’S RECEIPT OF PAYMENT IN FULL FOR THE ITEM TO BE WARRANTED.
FOR DETAILS ABOUT SERVICING OF PRODUCTS WHOSE WARRANTY HAS EXPIRED, VISIT https://www.myscoolserver.com/recherche-limited-product-warranty-mss/#service-out-of-warranty-mss.
- Limited Product Warranty for International Customers and Disclaimer of Warranties. The standard warranty stated above in Section 6 applies to MSS-branded products shipped to a country outside India, provided that customers outside India are responsible for paying all freight charges incurred in shipping, importing/exporting, receiving replacement products and parts and for arranging and paying for the shipment of any defective part(s) back to Recherche. All international customers are responsible for all customs duties, GST and other associated charges. THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMER ABOVE IN SECTION 6 ALSO APPLIES TO INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. RECHERCHE DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN, INCLUDING ANY LIABILITY FOR PRODUCTS NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE, FOR LOST OR CORRUPTED DATA OR SOFTWARE, OR THE PROVISION OF SERVICES AND SUPPORT. RECHERCHE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN. YOU AGREE THAT FOR ANY LIABILITY RELATED TO THE PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES BUNDLED WITH THE PRODUCTS, RECHERCHE IS NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AMOUNT OF DAMAGES ABOVE THE AGGREGATE INR AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE PURCHASE GOVERNED BY THIS AGREEMENT.
- Software. All software is provided subject to the license agreement that is part of the package you receive from Recherche. You agree to be bound by the license agreement once the package is opened or its seal is broken. Except to the extent specified in this Agreement, Recherche does not warrant any software under this Agreement.
- Products. You understand that Recherche continually upgrades and revises its products and service offerings, and discontinues its product, and that it reserves the right to do any of the aforesaid activities or any other activities related to the development of and business related to its products without prior notice to customers. Recherche will ship products that have the functionality and performance of the products ordered, but changes between what is shipped and what is described in a specification sheet are possible. The parts and assemblies used in building Recherche products are selected from new and equivalent-to-new parts and assemblies in accordance with industry practices. Spare parts may be new or reconditioned. The quoted Recherche SKU numbers for Recherche-branded hardware products are of the quality specified by Recherche on its website “www.myscoolserver.com” and conform in all material respects with the Recherche product specification current on the date such products were shipped.
- Binding Arbitration. You and Recherche agree that any claim, dispute or controversy, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, and whether pre-existing, present or future, and including statutory, common law, intentional tort and equitable claims (“Dispute”) against Recherche, its shareholders, directors, employees, agents, successors, assigns or affiliates arising from, in connection with or relating to this Agreement, its interpretation, or the breach, termination or validity thereof, the relationships which result from this Agreement (including, to the full extent permitted by applicable law, relationships with third parties who are not signatories to this Agreement), Recherche’s advertising or any related purchase SHALL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY by Arbitration in accordance with the Indian Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996. All hearings will be held at Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India and shall be conducted in English. The sole arbitrator to preside over the Arbitration proceeding shall be appointed by Recherche. Any award of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on each of the parties, and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT, IN THE ABSENCE OF THIS PROVISION, YOU MAY HAVE HAD A RIGHT TO LITIGATE DISPUTES THROUGH A COURT, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE CLAIMS ON A CLASS-WIDE OR CLASS-ACTION BASIS IN CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS, AND THAT YOU HAVE EXPRESSLY AND KNOWINGLY WAIVED THOSE RIGHTS AND AGREED TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTES THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS SECTION.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Recherche, its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any and all claims, causes of action, costs, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including, without limitation, legal fees, costs and expenses) arising out of or relating to the use of any third party software purchased or bundled with MSS, or any third party claim, or beyond the extent of responsibilities mutually agreed to be undertaken by Recherche under this Agreement.
- Applicable Law and Not for Resale. You agree and represent that you are buying the products governed by this Agreement for your own use and not for resale.
- Governing Law. This Agreement and any sales hereunder shall be governed under the Indian law. Any dispute in relation to your use of the Product(s) will be decided by a sole arbitrator to be nominated by Recherche with the seat of such arbitration being Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. You understand that any reference from the arbitration or appeal of the arbitral award or legal dispute in connection with the Product(s) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
- Export. You acknowledge that the purchased goods licensed or sold under this Agreement, and the transaction contemplated by this Agreement, which may include technology and software, are subject to the customs and export control laws and regulations of India, and may also be subject to the customs and export laws and regulations of the country in which the products are received. Further, under Indian law, the goods shipped pursuant to this Agreement may not be sold, leased, or otherwise transferred to restricted countries or utilized by restricted end-users or an end-user engaged in activities related to weapons of mass destruction, including activities related to the design, development production or use of nuclear weapons, materials, facilities, missiles or the support of missile projects, and chemical or biological weapons. You agree not to provide any written regulatory certifications or notifications on behalf of Recherche. Recherche has not tested product for use in high-risk activities including any life sustaining, chemical, or mission critical use. RECHERCHE WILL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE PRODUCTS IN ANY HIGH-RISK ACTIVITY, INCLUDING THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL, MEDICAL SYSTEMS, LIFE SUPPORT OR WEAPONS SYSTEMS.
- Miscellaneous Provisions. You will not register or use any intellectual property, confidential/proprietary information owned by Recherche without authorization, including but not limited to Recherche’s domain name that contains a Recherche trademark or trade name (i.e., Recherche) in whole or in part or any other name that is confusingly similar thereto and/or any trademarks, registered or unregistered, used by Recherche. You will not reverse engineer, decompile, decode, decrypt, disassemble, or in any way derive source code from, the Recherche’s products, except to the extent permissible by applicable law and prevailing licenses. The section headings used herein are for convenience of reference only and do not form a part of these terms and conditions, and no construction or inference shall be derived therefrom. If any term of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, the enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected or impaired.
- Privacy. By using our product(s) you agree to allow us to collect usage statistics to help us assess our solution’s impact as well as to help diagnose issues reported during your usage. However, no user identifiable data will be collected by our servers. We provide access to your server usage statistics upon request.
- Concerns. If you have any concerns, queries or questions in relation to this Agreement, do email firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification and expect a response to such query within five (5) working days.